BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Color Me Friendless

I have come to the conclusion that:

1) We can only afford a very small, close-friends-and-family only wedding.
2) I have no friends. Okay, maybe that isn't true, but I have very few friends.
3) Bruno wants all three of his brothers, plus his best friend as groomsmen. Cue HUGE wedding party. Add my brother, JJ, and my best friend, Cory. Cue VERY HUGE wedding party. Cue Michelle unable to find that many female friends to put on her side. Cue NO ONE left to actually attend the wedding as guests.

I know it's really important to Bruno that his brothers be his groomsmen, but, from what I can tell of our finances right now, that's just too big of a wedding party even for a normal wedding, even more so for a very small, intimate wedding. I know we can't narrow it down to only a couple of bridesmaids and groomsmen because that would mean him not having ALL of his brothers in the party, but I wonder if it might be possible for us just to have a Maid of Honor and a Best Man, and just leave it that? Maybe have our brothers and sisters just help out on the sidelines with other things - have them do the readings, have them work as ushers, have them hand out programs, have them handle the guestbook or the gift table...things like that. I don't know...it's just something I'll have to talk to Bruno about. I mean, the way we have it now, all of Bruno's siblings, my only sibling, both of our best friends, and pretty much the only female friends I have are in the wedding party. Aside from my near-distant family, I don't even know who else I would invite since everyone is in the wedding party!

0 comments: